Thursday, November 19, 2009

Getting Ready for a New Season

I've been back in the USA for over a month now, and have spent the time getting ready for the winter season, and making longer-term plans for next year's campaign.  It takes some time to get organized and ready for the next session of training, and I also needed a little down time to relax and get re-acquainted with family and friends.  Of course, the work is endless, and I've been putting a lot of office time in, as well as cleaning out all my old stuff from my parents' house!

I just made it to Miami, where I'm getting organized once again for the winter.  My RS:X gear arrived safely from Weymouth in the US team container, and was waiting for me at the US Sailing Center.  I am also getting my Formula equipment sorted out and the new KA Sails prototypes are looking great.  

Tomorrow is the first Formula regatta of the season, the Miami Pro-Am.  The local scene will be here, so it will be competitive and fun, and a great warm-up for the bigger regattas.  I am looking forward to a lot of Formula sailing this winter!

Thanks to my sponsors, Compass Marketing and KA Sails, who will make this season exceptionally great.


A little Florida winter weather - the morning before a great day of sailing


No comments:

Post a Comment